We have officially moved into Alberta’s reopening plan and here’s what you need to know about it.
After weeks of lockdown, Alberta is implementing a reopening plan throughout the summer.
On June 1st, it had been 2 weeks since 50% of Albertans 12+ received at least one dose. And hospitalizations have been below 800 and declining. For these two reasons, Alberta moved into Stage 1 of our Open for Summer Plan.
Exciting news: Alberta is moving into Stage 1 tomorrow. This is just the first step of getting our lives back to normal. pic.twitter.com/DRye5vzXp2
— Jason Kenney (@jkenney) May 31, 2021
Here are all the new Covid-19 regulations in the Stage 1 phase:
- Places of worship are still open and increase their capacity limit to 15% of their fire code occupancy.
- Outdoor social gatherings: up to 10 people.
- Indoor social gatherings are still prohibited.
- Outdoor activities (physical, performance and recreation): up to 10 distanced people of all ages.
- Personal and wellness services will reopen by appointment only.
- Funeral services: up to 20 people can attend a funeral – excluding facility staff, funeral clergy or organizers not considered guests. Receptions are still prohibited.
- Wedding ceremonies: up to 10 people can attend a wedding – including the officiant, the bride/groom and witnesses. Receptions are still prohibited.
- Restaurants: outdoor patio dining is open for up to 4 household members per table, or 3 people if diners who live alone are with their 2 close contacts.
- Retail can increase to 15% of their fire code occupancy and must maintain the ability to distance.
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect.
Premier Jason Kenney expects Stage 2 of Alberta’s reopening plan to take effect on June 10th. We will enter this stage two weeks after 60% of Albertans 12+ have received at least one dose, and hospitalizations are below 500 and declining.
Yesterday, Alberta crossed the 60% threshold of those 12+ with one dose.
That means we will move to Stage 2 of our #OpenForSummer plan on June 10, as long as hospitalizations are under 500.
Bigger gatherings, indoor dining, gyms, movie theatres, and more.
Keep it up, folks! pic.twitter.com/D7WwWOJgNO
— Jason Kenney (@jkenney) May 28, 2021
The government of Alberta expects Stage 3 of the reopening plan, which will be a complete reopening and lifting of all restrictions, to take effect in late June or early July.
[Featured Image Source: Daven Froberg via Unsplash]